When faced with the pressure to talk about yourself, you are not alone if the thought makes you cringe. Writing a paragraph about your accomplishments, dreams, and objectives is hard. That’s why we put together a quick guide to help your WIPN profile stand out.
- Pack a punch! Be clear and concise.
- Write for a polo audience. Its great if you have 12 sisters and five cats, but this group would rather know how many horses you have or if your sisters play polo.
- Put the important facts first. We only have 15 seconds to impress someone or spark their interest.
- Be you! Show us your personality. If you are a clever person be clever, and if you’re funny be funny. Be you!
- Add a headshot. Pictures have real impact, and including one in your profile will help people find you. In some cases, other players may recognize your face even though they don’t remember your name. Your WIPN headshot should be formatted as a perfect square (ideally 300 x 300 pixels) in order to display correctly.
Below are a couple questions to get your creative juices flowing:
- How long have you been playing polo?
- Have you won any awards?
- How did you get into polo and horses?
- What is your favorite part about polo?
- Have you traveled to play before?
- Do you want to travel?
- Why do you play polo?
- Does your family play?
- How did you start playing polo?
We look forward to seeing your shining face online!